PASt CSS Newsletters
PAST CSS Newsletters
Crop Science newsletters are available on a subscription basis. To subscibe, please email us with your name, address and email address.
- Judith Ateieno
- Jeff Braun
- Pat Guerin
- Summer Weed Control – When can I spray?
- On the go soil and plant sensing
- The genetics of salinity tolerance in chickpea (Cicer arietinum)
- Craig Davis
- Dr Glenn McDonald – University of Adelaide
- Cereal varietal herbicide tolerance – 2014 results
- Massive gene amplification of the target enzyme provides great brome with resistance to glyphosate
Tony Rathjen Student Contribution Award
Tony Rathjen Grower Award
It’s that time of the year again. Get behind your Crop Science Society and attend our AGM this coming Wednesday!
- Kenton Porker: PhD Candidate -‐ University of Adelaide
- Lachlan Lake: Senior Research Officer -‐ SARDI
- Triallate resistance confirmed in annual ryegrass from SA
- Sodium, calcium and magnesium ratios in soils of NW Victoria, Australia may restrict
root growth and crop production
- Understanding more about chickpea physiology and yield under drought and temperature stress
- Turkey and wheat growing
Our 300th Newsletter doesn’t disappoint – a ‘scoop’ report on the strategy for controlling BWYV and exciting developments from the prestigious zero- toxin vetch program….Happy reading!
- John Both (Nufarm & Crop Care)
- Ashley Pilkington (Adama)
- Lyndon Mat (BASF)
- Mick Lines (Dow AgroSciences)
- Graham Hatcher (Bayer)
- Final Report: GRDC DAS00151: Project Information, analysis and strategy for the Beet western yellows virus (BWYV) and its aphid vector outbreak in canola and pulses
- Progress To-ward a Zero-Toxin Vetch, at the Waite (2015)
- White Grain Disorder of Wheat in South Australia
- Michael Nash: SARDI, Entomology
- Greg Mutze: Biosecurity SA
- Screening for eyespot resistance: Findings from trials at Cummins, Tarlee and Templers
- Can we use nitrogen research to better inform risky business?
- Darren Ray: Senior Meteorologist/Climatologist
- Marg Evans: Plant Pathologist
- Sowing Strategies to Improve Productivity on Sandy Mallee Soils
- Optimising the Impact of Glyphosate
- Rob Wheeler on NVT.
- Peter Boutsalis: University of Adelaide & Plant Science Consulting
- Harvest weed seed control – Narrow windrow burning
- Managing sowing date and variety selection to minimise risk and maximise yield